But when it ended, Poland and other Eastern European countries have acquired new territories. But neither think about it, no thanks to Moscow they do not like, says Oleg Nazarov , publicist, doctor of historical sciences.
What Czechs owe Stalin
– Oleg G., World War II, in my opinion, did not begin with the invasion of Poland, but much earlier …
– Yes, it was a prologue Munich Agreement, when Great Britain, France, Italy and Germany have agreed that Germany would be given the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia inhabited mostly by ethnic Germans. Next Hitler could not be stopped.
– and Czechoslovakia did not try to resist?
– No. The Soviet Union was ready to render military aid to Czechoslovakia, but the president Benes agreed to the dictates of “Munich.” But the Czechoslovak army was quite a battle-worthy. By the way, Hitler, having examined and highly appreciated without a fight Germany inherited powerful Czechoslovak border fortifications, noted that “the strength of the concrete does not matter if the weak will power».
– This is a coincidence , but that Czechoslovakia was the scene of recent fighting World War II in Europe …
– Yes, our troops have taken to Prague, where Berlin has already fallen. And died there, in fact after the victory, thousands of our soldiers. But back in the Sudetenland of Czechoslovakia.
Life Poles saved the Red Army
– The Czech Republic still remember their liberators. And that is why Poland so partial to us?
– It is necessary to start with the fact that the Germans have prepared Poles terrible fate. If the Czechs, Hitler and his gang, not really raging, charged with the work, then they covered Poland network of concentration camps. Hitler remembered how “Polish hyena” (Churchill’s expression) to snatch a piece dismembered Czechoslovakia, and thus refused to join the Anti-Comintern Pact. And since Pilsudski hatred for the Bolsheviks was obvious reason for the refusal Fuhrer saw in Warsaw’s unwillingness to follow Berlin.
Poles like to submit itself to the world as victims or heroes. Meanwhile, in the prewar period, the Polish government considerably aided Hitler in his plans. In 1938, Warsaw refused to let the Red Army through its territory of Czechoslovakia. A year later, it is just as decisively rejected the proposal of the Kremlin to help Poland itself.
– That is, if the Warsaw went to a military alliance with France and the Soviet Union, to start a war for Germany would be suicide?
– Most likely, yes. But Poland for that fought for it and ran: it quickly defeated the Wehrmacht in September 1939.
– This was the only attempt to help the USSR Poland?
– No. After the war remained a controversial issue eastern border of Poland. And arranged all the decision at the Yalta Conference, Stalin offered. As a result, Poland has received substantial accessions of territory in the north and in the west at the expense of Germany. Churchill, by the way, said that “the plan – the best of all,” for “German land is more valuable than the Pinsk Marshes. This industrialized areas ».
But, more importantly, the Red Army had saved Poles from complete destruction by the Nazis. Today in Poland destroyed monuments to soldiers-liberators …
As the Bolsheviks Lithuania Vilnius back
– Speaking of the beginning of the war, we can not ignore Molotov – Ribbentrop Pact, which today is very negative assessments of many, and especially our neighbors – the Baltic States, which considers that the Red Army occupied it.
– Here, too, is not so simple. One of the first consequences of the signing in 1939 of the Covenant felt the Lithuania. 75 years ago if the Lithuanians and squealed, then delight.
– From delight?!
– Judge for yourself. In April 1919, the Vilnius region, which was part of the Russian Empire, captured by the Poles. They owned it until the beginning of World War II.
– A Lithuania did not try to return the capital?
– I wanted to. However, the forces on it was not. Only after September 1939, the eastern part of Poland was ceded to Russia, Stalin gave Lithuania Vilnius and the region.
– But it could turn these lands into the RSFSR or give Belarus !
– Could. Among the population of the then Lithuanian Vilnius was not enough. Once again, Lithuania lost its capital at the beginning of the Great Patriotic War. July 13, 1944 the city was svobozhden from invaders by the Red Army.
– And why Stalin was so generous to Lithuania?
– Yes, it is a question. None of the Federal Republic of Secretary General did so expensive gifts. After the war, he gave Lithuania Klaipeda (Memel) and Klaipeda region, taken away by the Nazis in Lithuania in March 1939. And the resort of Druskininkai, Swieciany and train station Godutishki (Adutishkis) from surrounding villages that formerly were part of the Byelorussian SSR, and where only a quarter of the population were Lithuanians.
Rescue future Square
– Well, Ukraine. That she had received from the Soviet Union?
– During the first year of World War II Soviet Ukraine has sharply increased its territory. After the collapse of the Polish state, the Red Army has taken under the protection of the Western Ukraine. She then became part of the Ukrainian SSR. In 1940, the country was attached to another and Romanian Bessarabia and Bukovina.
– However, when the Great Patriotic War, Ukraine had tight …
– After the war, Extraordinary State Commission for the establishment and investigation of atrocities of fascist aggressors identified damage to the Ukrainian SSR in 285 billion. weighty Soviet rubles. And they gave the money for the restoration of Ukraine, as well as his other republics of the USSR.
Now take the post-war period. The territory of the republic increased again. Few remember, but under the agreement between the USSR and Czechoslovakia on 29 June 1945 Transcarpathia was incorporated into the USSR. All these acquisitions Ukrainians received as citizens of the Soviet Union.
On the road of independent development of Ukraine stood 23 years ago. Why development turned degradation – a topic for another conversation. That they might wake up from delusion, has not lost the mind and shame the citizens of Ukraine it is necessary to remember that during the war, the vast majority of their grandfathers and great grandfathers did not fight under the banner of the Third Reich or the UPA. They did not shout “Moskalyaku – on Gilyaks!” And fired mortars at fellow citizens, and shoulder to shoulder with the other peoples of the USSR defended common Motherland.
FROM THE FILES “KP»
The Second World War began on September 1, 1939, and ended September 2, 1945-th. It was attended by 61 countries from the 73 that existed at that time. Fighting was going on three continents and in the waters of the four oceans. This is the only war in which nuclear weapons were applied.
In the armed forces had been mobilized 110 million. Persons. Total human losses reached 60 – 65 million., Of them were killed at the front of 27 million, many of them citizens of the USSR. Also suffered the greatest loss of China, Germany, Japan and Poland.